Raw Chocolate and Date Mousse
This is a very simple and light chocolate mousse that is really simple to make if you plan ahead. It is completely raw, even though cashew nuts are not technically raw, as they have to be heated up to remove their toxic shell before they are fit to eat. It only contains dates as the sweetener, but is still rich and very satisfying!
8 large medjool dates, soaked in
1 cup of coconut cream
1 teaspoon of added vanilla essence
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1 cup of cashew nuts, soaked in water overnight
¼ teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Place the first four ingredients into a glass bowl and soak in the refrigerator overnight.
- Rinse the soaked cashew nuts well under running water until the water runs clear.
- Combine the cashew nuts and all the other ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend together until very smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a rectangular bowl and refrigerate until it is firm.
- Serve using an ice cream scoop, with a sprinkle of cacao powder and a few cherries or, scoop the mousse into serving bowls and top with raw cacao powder and fresh raspberries.
(Recipe extracted from ‘Feed Your Brain – 7 Steps to a Lighter, Brighter You! Page 227)
Click here to purchase the book